At BAUM, we specialize in assistive technology solutions for blind, deafblind, and partially sighted people.
Our solutions include: refreshable braille displays, braille notetakers, OCR reading machines, and a family of video magnifiers ... that includes the revolutionary VisioBook!
- VarioUltra: Available with either 20 or 40 braille cells, VarioUltra is an amazing new smart braille device, that functions as a Braille display, and basic Braille notetaker.
- SuperVario2: a simple yet elegant braille display that comes in a choice of sizes (32, 40, and 64 cells) with USB and Bluetooth for connection to your preferred device.
- VarioPro: a professional-grade Braille display system, with 80 Braille cells.
Braille Notetaker Solutions:
- Pronto: a braille notetaker that features 18 or 40 braille cells, text-to-speech, Wi-Fi, and a suite of applications for life on the move.
- VarioUltra: As indicated above, VarioUltra is not just a braille display. Simply slide the Device Mode switch to braille notetaker mode, to access a suite of useful productivity applications.
OCR Reading Machines:
- Poet Compact2, one of our most popular solutions, is a standalone system that includes a scanner, optical character recognition (OCR), and speech. POET does not require use of a computer or computer skills in order to access the world of print.
Low Vision Magnification:
- Visio 22+ is our conventional video magnifier, which features a 22” display, X-Y table, and increased levels of magnification.
- VisioBook, the world’s first portable HD video magnifier for people with low vision. Includes a 12.5” display, and a distance viewing camera, that is ideal for use in school, at work, and at home.
- VisioDesk, the world’s first portable, full-HD video magnifier. With a 15.5” display, full HD (1080p), and a distance viewing camera, VisioDesk is everything you need for independent living.